July 3, 2017 at 4:53 pm #1016John PoimirooKeymaster
At its monthly meeting on May 21, 2017, the Sacramento Valley Shetland Sheepdog Club adopted the following Social Media Policy. It applies to all posts on this forum and to those on SVSSC’s Facebook page (@SacSheltieClub).
Sacramento Valley Shetland Sheepdog Club Social Media Policy
In the interest of good sportsmanship, ethical behavior and concern for collegiality, camaraderie and the privacy and happiness of its members, the Sacramento Valley Shetland Sheepdog Club (SVSSC) adopts the following policy regarding the use of SVSSC social media.
Communications on SVSSC social media shall abide by the SVSSC, American Shetland Sheepdog Club and American Kennel Club Codes of Conduct and Ethical Behavior and shall not include statements, content or materials that are determined to be:
• Racially offensive;
• Pornographic or sexually explicit;
• Personal attacks;
• Illegal activity;
• Knowingly and abusively false;
• Stalking or harassing;
• Political or religious commentary;
• Promotion of private ventures repeatedly or excessively (unless otherwise endorsed by the board of directors – e.g., NorCal Sheltie Rescue);
• Vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images;
• Proprietary and confidential information;
• Material that infringes on the copyright, intellectual property rights or other rights of persons or organizations; and
• Insults or disparaging remarks about the SVSSC or other similar organizations (e.g., other dog clubs, the ASSA or AKC) and their activities, programs, members or dogs, even if specific names are not mentioned.
Violations of this policy may be reviewed by the SVSSC’s Board of Directors and disciplinary actions applied in accordance with its Bylaws.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.